Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The day before...

It's the day before Thanksgiving and I had the busiest shipping day yet of our little company!

I spent part of yesterday emailing one of the principles at Blue Bottle about the true nature of 'Eco' in the use of tins for coffee over the continued use of lined bags. Blue Bottle is also using a simple tin for one of their micro-lots and I have chosen to use a tin as a lead-in to a delivery system that doesn't use lined, valves bags in the hope of less waist. It's not as simple as I portray but it could be a truly sustainable system if I take the time to do it right. It didn't work too well for Peet's coffee when they tried it, but that was then.

So, as the holidays approach I'm stoked to be making excellent coffee and looking forward to spending time with my family!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment